Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gull-billed Terns back over Metairie

Thirty minutes ago, I was delighted to see two Gull-billed Terns winging strongly eastward over the Rouse's on David Drive- my first of the year.

Their flight path did not take them to or from any rooftop nesting site that I know of- I wonder if they will take up housekeeping on a new location this spring.

The migrants keep coming...

Peter

Birding Made Easy-New Orleans It is now available at:

Uptown:  Garden District Book Shop, Maple Street Book Shop, Octavia Books
French Quarter and Marigny:  Peach Records, Fauborg Marigny Art Books Music, Librairie Book Shop, Beckham's Bookshop, Arcadian Books and Prints, the Crabnet
Mid City:  City Park Botanical Garden, Community Book Center
Metairie:  Double M Feed on W. Esplanade
Harahan:  Double M Feed on Jefferson Hwy
North Shore:  Mandeville Chiropractic

Questions?  Email me at birding.made.easy.new.orleans@gmail.com
  

No comments:

Post a Comment