Friday, April 11, 2014

First Least Terns back in New Orleans


I saw my first Least Terns of the season an hour ago, over the floodwater retention ponds at Earhardt x Clearview in Metairie.  Two birds.

They usually nest on several rooftops in the greater metro area (all South Shore, as far as I know).  Last year they did so on the roof of my building at UNO- I'm hoping they do an encore!

Peter

Birding Made Easy-New Orleans can be purchased via the Paypal button on this blog ($24 including shipping), or by sending me a personal check (email me for specs), or for $24.95 at local bookstores.  It is now available at:


Uptown:  Garden District Book Shop, Maple Street Book Shop, Octavia Books
French Quarter and Marigny:  Peach Records, Fauborg Marigny Art Books Music, Librairie Book Shop, Beckham's Bookshop, Arcadian Books and Prints, the Crabnet
Mid City:  City Park Botanical Garden, Community Book Center
Metairie:  Double M Feed on W. Esplanade
Harahan:  Double M Feed on Jefferson Hwy
North Shore:  Mandeville Chiropractic

Questions?  Email me at birding.made.easy.new.orleans@gmail.com
  

No comments:

Post a Comment